Oops! I did it again....

Well, I have done it again.

Expected people to fill my longing heart.

Expected people to satisfy me....

Expected to find peace in someONE, instead of THE ONE.

With everything going on my life....Brian's dad passing away....catching up with homeschooling after 2 months of his dad being so sick....trying to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas....trying to BE the WIFE...the MOTHER...the TEACHER...the FRIEND....the DAUGHTER....the SISTER...

My "love bucket", my heart, my spirit....has been emptying.

And, I have been looking to PEOPLE to fill it.

And becoming angry at them when they can't.

Feeling lonely.

Sad.

Empty.

Angry.

Tired.

I know the ONLY way to be filled.

The ONLY ONE who can truly satisfy...

OK, Lord.

Here I am.

Fill me.

YOU

are what I need.

ONLY

YOU.

5 thoughts shared....:

Kela said...

I'm feelin' ya girl.
Guessing its the pressure of the dailiness that gettin' to you?

Lovin' on ya!

Kela

Rhonda said...

Awesome. You put my feelings into words. Thank you for sharing, it is good to know I'm not alone.

liz barber said...

Those words ring so true. Thank you for sharing.
I feel God calling me back to that place of true commitment and devotion to Him.

Krista said...

I think we have all been there at one time or another. Yes! he is the only one that can fill us and complete us!

Krista

Debbie Petras said...

Tracy, I've been there too. Why do we not learn the first time? But how thankful I am that our God is a God of grace and mercy and ...many chances.

I'm sure the death of your father-in-law has been hard on the family. My heart hurt for you as you were going through difficult times after his initial stroke. So sorry things didn't work out as you had hoped and prayed.

But God has a plan and purpose and we don't always get to understand it all this side of eternity. May you and your family be comforted by His love. And may you know that others do care about you.

Merry Christmas to you Tracy! You've been a blessing to me. And I might add that you are a wonderful Bible teacher.

Blessings and love,
Debbie