A Prayer for the New Year

Psalm 119:169-176

"May my cry come before you, O LORD,
give me understanding according to your Word.

(Lord, yes! Please pour out your Wisdom on me. Give me deep understanding into your Word. "Give me a Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation so that I may know you better." Make me sensitive to your Holy Spirit.)

"May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise."

(Lord, you have made so many promises to me as your child, as a Christ follower. I am a new creation- the old has gone, the new has come. I have the Holy Spirit as my councellor. I have an abundant life in store for me. So many things you have promised for me- rest for my soul, peace, freedom........ May I receive these promises and believe them.)

"May my lips overflow with praise (yes, Lord! Forgive the complaining, whining......), for you teach me your decrees.

May my tongue sing of your Word, for all your commands are righteous."

(Lord, thank you for your Word. It is beautiful. Thank you that it never returns void. Thank you that it teaches me. Thank you that it is my "roadmap" to life!)

"May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts."

(Lord, I can't do it in my strength! I need you, oh, how I need you!)

"I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight.

Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me."

(Amen! Let me live the abundant life that you have prepared for me! Let me be a light reflecting your glory! Let me shine for Christ! May I always look only to you!)

"I have strayed like a lost sheep."

(Forgive me, Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Why do I seem to always stray? Thank you for your forgiveness. I repent from my rebellious attitude and heart. I want to be submissive to you, obeying you, trusting you, not doubting...)

"Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands."

(Father, no matter what, no matter how much I stray, disobey, go my own way, I come back to you! Thank you for your Word that says, "Return to me. Seek me and I will be found by you." I love you so much, Lord. I thank you that my life will never be the same. I thank you that have resucued me, chosen me, changed me.......that I will be the same. Praise you, God!)

2 thoughts shared....:

Chelle said...

Oh sister, that was GOOD! Amen, amen and amen!

Unknown said...

Tracy,

This is wonderful. You have inspired me to write something similar at Spiritually Unequal Marriage or Laced With Grace.

Very touching. Love and hugs, Lynn