Freedom!

Oh, Lord, You have freed me from my chains!
Hallelujah!
Thank You, Jesus that You came, not only to forgive me for my sins, but that You also came to free me, heal me, and restore my joy!
When Jesus began His ministry, He proclaimed His intentions by quoting Isaiah 61:1-3

"The Spirit of the Sovereign
Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed
me
to preach good news to the
poor.
He has sent me to bind up
the
brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom
for
the
captives
and release from darkness
for
the
prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the
Lord's favor
and the day of vengeance of
our God,
to comfort all who
mourn,
and provide for those who
grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of
beauty
instead of
ashes,
the oil of
gladness
instead of
mourning,
and a garment of
praise
instead of a spirit of
despair.

Are you experiencing any chains in your life? Anything that is holding you down, keeping you imprisoned?
A sin that you cannot break free from?
Doubt?
Fear?
Unbelief?
Jesus came to set the captives free- to break any chains that bind us.
Jesus came so that, in a relationship with Him, we find freedom. We experience joy. He wants to heal us, restore us.





13 thoughts shared....:

Anonymous said...

That was a very POWERFUL image! Wonderful!

Are you experiencing any chains in your life? Anything that is holding you down, keeping you imprisoned?

The image of the chains is such a reinforcement to this question. Our Heavenly Father came to set us free not to bind us and all we have to do is reach for Him and the hope and freedom He has to offer.

Tracy said...

Hi Tracy!
Wow! Love that image and his promise to set us free from things that would otherwise bind us!

Reminds me of that old song by the Imperials...
"these chains that seem to bind you,
serve only to remind you,
they drop powerless behind you, when you Praise Him."

Rejoicing in His freedom!
Tracy

Denise said...

Wow, so amazing. Bless you for this my friend.

Laurie Ann said...

What a great picture to go with that verse! Praise God we are not captives anymore (unless we choose to be.) I rejoice that we can find total freedom in Him when we seek Him with all of our hearts.

God bless you for reminding us of this powerful truth today, Tracy. I love it.

Happy WFW!

~Amy~ said...

thank you for this.... My 28 yr.old baby brother whom is a drug addict in jail right now Found Jesus! Praise Him, Praise Him!

Tricia said...

I love that, the verse with that picture just speaks volumes. It makes me think of a class I am starting tonight with our youth girls, "Lies Young Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free," by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I am praying that many of these girls are set free from believing the lies the enemy of our souls feeds them.

Blessings!

Susan said...

Amen for FREEDOM!!!!

Praise God for whom the Son sets free is free INDEED!!!

Great picture.

I laughed at that blue tooth!! Funny♥

Michele Williams said...

Great visual and post. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I just love this...I am so glad my chains are gone :o) Thanks for sharing.

Blessings...

Nancie said...

Hi Tracy,

Amen to this precious verse! I am so thankful that our Lord Jesus Christ has freed me from the chains in my life. Thank you for sharing this vivid picture and encouraging truth with us.

I thank God that He enables us to meet through Word-Filled Wednesday. I am encouraged by your post.

I am thankful to God that I can meet you and many others through blogging. I am in the midst of listing out blogging friends that I like to share 2 awards with. I have included your blog as well. I like to share these Share The Love Award and Friendship Award with you. Do come over and receive them when you have time. You can save the images and upload them to your side bars or posts. And feel free to pass them to your blogging buddies. Take care and God bless you and family always!

With appreciation and prayers,
Nancie

Peggy said...

WOW TRACY...it's my Mission verse!

Stop by and visit with me soon... there will be something special waiting for you. It's in Tuesday the 12th of August post!

Nancie has already passed them on above in her lovely comment!

You bless us so much with your Thirst for Him and inspire us to seek Him more in our lives! May God continue to use you and bless
you!

Amydeanne said...

okay the blue tooth made me howl! i love that lol.. and the chains! Amen sister!

D.J. said...

Thank you so much for this post! I was looking for a picture for an upcoming blog and sunday school lesson, and this picture with chains was perfect! Found it on Google Images and it led me to your blog. I will now be keeping up with it. God bless you, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!