New Year’s Resolutions

As I was reading my past resolutions, I decided to reprint them from 2011. These are STILL the cry of my heart. I was encouraged by them and hope that you, too, will be.
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for Christ Jesus took hold of me…But, one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal…” –Philippians 3:12-14


Father God, pour out Your Wisdom on me, Lord, as I come to You at the beginning of this New Year. Give me a Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation so that I know may know You better. Lord, I want my resolutions to line up with Your Will and Your perfect plan for my life. I know I can make all of the plans I want, but they will only succeed if they are yours. “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but t is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.So, I am purposing to “trust in the LORD with all of my heart, NOT leaning upon my own understanding, but acknowledging You, God, in every area of my life, every “resolution” I have, then You will direct my steps, You will make my paths straight." I know You have “plans for me. Plans to prosper me and not harm me. Plans for good and not evil.” I thank You, Lord that You have a purpose for me and that You already have a calling in store for me. For I am “God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for me to do! So, Lord, with Your help, let me dedicate this year, 2013, to You. Let me purpose in my heart and mind, and with my actions glorify Your Name with my life. I want to choose to be “a living sacrifice,” giving You all that I am, and everything I have. I can only do it by the power of the Holy Spirit! I can only do through You! Thank God, I can only do all things THROUGH Christ, who strengthens me! Thank You, God that I don’t have to do it on my own! Praise You, Father! Praise You, Jesus! And thank You, Holy Spirit!
Well, thankfully, each year offers an opportunity to rededicate ourselves to Christ. Thank God that He offers “do overs”, and even though 2012 was an awesome year (although challenging), I have the gift of a new beginning. I tend to look at all of the things I WANTED to do in 2012, but didn’t. I tend to “beat myself up” about not accomplishing all that was on my heart. But, Lord, You are merciful, full of grace, and very patient- even when I am impatient. Thank You that this is chance to renew my mind in Your TRUTH!

I am going to thank You that I am a new creation! The old has gone and the new has come! I put off my old self, right now, right here where I am. I am putting off the old self- the old mistakes, the old failures. I am made new in the attitude of my mind and am putting on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. I am getting rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. I am kind and compassionate to others, forgiving just as in Christ God forgave me. I am an imitator of God, as a dearly loved child and living a life of love. Like Christ, I am giving myself up as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Eph. 4-5)

In 2013 I am purposing to be a better helpmate to Brian. Lord, after You, let me make Brian my first priority, even when I don’t feel like it. I am purposing in my heart, “to be submissive to Brian so that, even if he doesn’t believe the Word, he may be won over( to living for You) without words but by my behavior. I want Brian to see the purity and reverence of my life, and God, I want You to be pleased with my gentle and quiet spirit. I know a “wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears hers down with her own hands.” Help me to be a wise wife in all matters, looking to You for guidance and sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit. I long to be that Proverbs 31 woman honoring God by honoring Brian. In 2013, Brian will “have full confidence in me and he will arise and call me blessed and he will praise me.” (v. 11, 28)

Lord, I pray that I would also be a wise mother. May “I speak with wisdom. May faithful instruction be on my tongue.” May I be a constant encourager to my children, their biggest cheerleader, coach, and mentor. Again, “May no unwholesome talk come out of my mouth, only words that are useful in building others up.” Help me to shine Your Light to my children, Lord. Help me, by being a compassionate, gentle, joyful, loving, peaceful, patient, good, and self-controlled mother, draw them closer to You. May they see in my relationship with You, Jesus, something they want! May they be encouraged to seek after You with all of their hearts because Mama loves the Lord! Lord, I pray for each of them- Andrew, Ashley, Aly, Aaron, and Abigail. May each of my children be IN LOVE with You.

I pray over my ministry. Lord, again, I know You have plans for me. Guide me and lead me. I pray You will bring opportunities to speak Your Word, encouraging women and leading them to the only source of LIFE, Jesus Christ. Lord, I pray this would be a HUGE year where many unbelievers trust in the Name Jesus Christ. I thank You, Father that You have called me to be a speaker. Help me to organize my ministry and help me in the area of time management. Lead me and direct me, gracious Father. “The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O LORD, endures forever- do not abandon the works of Your hands.” Thank You Lord, that “the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love…" Thank You, Lord, that “when we take great delight in You, You will give us the desires of our hearts.”

And, because this is a new year of homeschooling, I pray over this as well. I purpose to give You my plans. Lord, lead us and guide us. Fill me with Your peace and patience. Help me to teach my children what is truly important. Give me the wisdom and knowledge to teach and lead them.

I love You, Lord! I love You, Lord!

12 thoughts shared....:

Chelle said...

Amen to that, and I second that prayer. Except being a helpmate to Brian, that wouldn't do any good, so we'll replace Brian with Andy and all is well. :)

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

LOL! Blessings to your 2008, Sister!

Susan Skitt said...

All good things Tracy. I pray God answers your hearts cry :)

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Thanks, Susan!
I was just at your place! So enjoyed your post with the owls. We love the book, "Owl Moon," too.

Blessings, friend :)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

your prayers and use of scripture just blows me away!!!!!! keep on gir, keep on!!
leigh

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Oh, girl, thank you for the encouragement! How I want this year to be HUGE for the Church!!!

Edie said...

Amen! I echo your prayer Tracy!
Rich blessings to you and yours!

Joyfull said...

Beautiful! I echo the cry of your heart to for His newness to be put on and His Word fulfilled in my life.
Happy New Year and many blessings to you!

annies home said...

that is great for you to keep your eyes, ears open for him to use you. God Bless you

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

I love it! This is an awesome post! Would you mind if I posted this on my new blog for 2010....

www.resolutions10.wordpress.com

Please visit and let me know if it might be alright for me to post this on my blog and send people your way! Thanks and keep writiing...keep encouraging!

I love your blog set up as well!

The Howell Blessings said...

Tracy, your post encouraged me to write on resolutions on my Howell Blessings blog . )I hope you don't mind but I referenced the same scripture and posted your blog address.) Thank you for being so inspiring and allowing the Holy Spirit to use you. Thank you for being so transparent. Thank you for being a woman who like all the rest of us struggle with submission, and children, and time management while still struggling to be the Proverbs 31 woman. Blesing on you and your family. Keep on pressing on!

Love,
Mindy

myletterstoemily said...

your resolution sounds much more like
a fervent, heartfelt prayer . . . which is
WAY better than a resolution. :)

this has convicted my restless, faithless
heart. thank you.