Praise Him!

Psalm 148
"Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the heights above.
Praise Him, all His angels, praise Him, all His heavenly hosts.
Praise Him, sun and moon, praise Him, all you shining stars.
Praise Him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for He commanded and they were created.
He set them in place for ever and ever;
He gave a decree that will never pass away.
Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do His bidding,
you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,
wild animals and all cattle,
small creatures and flying birds,
kings of all the earth and all nations,
you princes and all rulers on earth,
young men and maidens,
old men and children.
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for His name alone is exalted;

His splendor is above the earth and the heavens.
He has raised up for His people a horn,
the praise of all His saints...
Praise the LORD.


I usually don't write the whole psalm, but this one is just so good that you have to see, sing, pray the whole thing!

I love to walk early in the morning and it seems the whole earth is praising God. Even though I take an ipod with me at times, I usually turn it off because the sounds of the birds singing is better than any praise and worship song!

The winds rustles through the leaves of the trees. The wind is praising God.

The sunrise is breathtaking....the heavens are praising God.

The flowers are blooming to praise Him!

God is the Creator and all of nature praises Him just by existing and "doing" what it does....rain drizzling, stars shining, bunnies hopping, birds singing.

But, we are to open wide our mouths and PRAISE His Holy Name!

Praise You, Lord! You are awesome! You are majestic. You are beautiful. The heavens declare Your glory....the work of Your hands. You are awesome and breathtaking, LORD! We praise You!

This picture was taken early one morning when I was walking at my church. I live just a block away and we have this beautiful rugged cross at our pond. I had decided to walk to the cross to pray that morning. The sky was so BREATHTAKING that I had to run home and get my camera!

Please head over to the Cafe, the new home of Word-Filled Wednesday! I know there will be lots of great inspiration (and praise) over there!

8 thoughts shared....:

lori said...

Praise Him! Just sang that song in church!

What a beautiful picture girl! See God wanted YOU to see it that morning! What a COOL GOD huh??

Love it! Praise God! Why do we ever even forget??

Loved this! Loved my devo time this morning!

peace,
lori

Karen said...

Wow! Awesome photo for these scriptures...

Praising Him....

Kela said...

Tracy, that is beautiful! And to have that so close to you! I know that we can come to the cross wherever we are, but to literally do it....ahhhh

life's journey said...

It is a wonderful verse today. Thanks for sharing. Happy WFW!

Denise said...

This blessed me.

Amydeanne said...

Amen Tracy!
happy WFW!

Susan said...

Thanks Tracy,

This was just beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing this today~

Glad you went back and got your camera!

SnoWhite said...

Awesome!! I do the same things when I am out in His world -- everything is praising HIM.