Do YOU run?

Do you run? I have NEVER run in my life. I have walked, including power walking for years. In college I worked out in the gym daily, doing aerobics, step aerobics, stair steppers, treadmills, and various weights- both "free" weights and machines.


But, I have never RUN.

It's not that I didn't WANT to run. I have always envied runners when I see them. I longed to be able to run with long strides, sweating, arms flowing. And, it seems that runners perform the activity with such ease!

I have always had a "vision" of me running and a dream of someday running in a marathon. But, every time I tried to run, I would take a few strides, my legs would start burning, and I would just quit.

To finish reading this devotion, please visit me at the Internet Cafe! Simply click here.










2 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Kristy said...

Funny reading this after an evening of running - and feeling sore this morning. Yes I run, not as often as I should, but I will tell you - I'm sure it does not look graceful! My key to running - I pick a sight about a block away - and I will myself not to stop until I reach it. I run and run and ache and will not stop no matter what - until I reach that point or beyond. Then I walk a bit, then pick another point - and run to it!

My best friend is my spiritual "running partner". Someone who encourages me - someone I can come to with questions I wouldn't even want anyone else to know I have. We pray together - and I can not hide a thing from her. Whatever struggles we have individually - we pray through and share together. It is a blessing from God for sure!