Thankful Thursday


I am so thankful for the gift of Jesus Christ.

As we prepare our hearts for Christmas, I am so overwhelmed by the gift of Jesus coming to this earth to walk among us. He came as a humble babe in the manger- helpless, sweet.... Jesus brought us hope. He brought peace. He brought joy.


And today, .
He still brings hope.
He still brings peace.
He still brings joy.


Jesus is the Light in a dark world.



"I think sometimes I forget to sit and ponder just how much Jesus means to me.

Jesus knew He was Savior BEFORE the beginning of time. Before creation, He knew “the plan”. He knew Adam would fall in the garden. He knew would have to die for my sin, to BECOME sin for me- the Spotless Lamb- to take away my sin. He would take on my punishment. BEFORE He created me, He knew in order to spend eternity with me, He would willingly, joyfully choose to be my Savior, to take my lashes, to take my punishment, scorn, ridicule, and death on the cross. Knowing ALL of this, He still chose to create me.

The love He has for me.... and you.

Jesus is the Creator of the universe- “through Him all things were made- without Him nothing was made.” He is the Word made flesh. He is the Living Word. He is the Written Word. Genesis through Revelation tells the “story” of Jesus. The Word- the Word that leads me and guides me…… Immanuel- “God With Us”- Jesus never leaves me, never abandons me, never is too busy for me. Jesus is with me in my trials and my joyful celebrations. Jesus is part of me- “I am in Him and He is me.”

Savior- Jesus is my Savior, saving me from my sins, saving me from myself, rescuing me over and over again…….. Healer- Jesus is my healer, healing me from ALL my diseases- body, soul, mind, and HEART.

My Deliverer ,My armor- (Ephesians 6)- my protection, my guard……..

Author and perfector of my faith- my biggest “cheerleader.” Jesus, you want me to succeed, you want me to grow and mature. Jesus, you don’t condemn me, but challenge me, encourage me, guide me and perfect me……..

Bridegroom- waiting in eager expectation to return in glory for ME. As a bridegroom, you rejoice over me with singing (Isaiah 61), Jesus, you are “enthralled with my beauty.”

Jesus is my Intercessor- Jesus is praying for me every day!

Redeemer

Friend, a friend that sticks closer than a brother, my best friend……

Freedom! I no longer am in bondage to anything!!!!!!!!

Lover- Jesus, you love me with an everlasting love that never ends……

Way- Jesus, you are the only way to the Father……….. I love you, Jesus."

Taken from a post last January.

Please visit Iris for more Thankfulness!


And please take a minute to scroll down and read "Christmas is Hope."

9 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

This post is beyond beautiful my friend, bless you.

Aisha said...

I love your post! It really encouraged me to focus on who Jesus is.

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful post - it moved me to tears, Tracy! Oh, how my heart praises my Savior! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Tracy,

Thank you for sharing this with us. How I am so thankful for Jesus too.

I loved reading your post. Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

Oh Amen Tracy!

I have been sharing videos all week that speak of these things.

As much as I am thankful for the earthly blessings He has given me - nothing compares to what He did the day He laid down His life for me.

Hugs and blessings,
Jill

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing! Sometimes we don't stop and think about all of the ways Jesus meets our needs. It is simply incredible. He is simply amazing.

Thanks for sharing!
Happy TT!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful and powerful Thankful Thursday. I am truly moved by your words and thankful heart today.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, you expressed my thoughts so much more eloquently than I ever could! Wonderful, wonderful post!

Marsha said...

I'm just praising the Lord sitting here reading this most glorifying post.

Thank you for sharing this with us, dear one.

Have a blessed weekend.