Crossroads

Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is and walk in it,
and you will find
rest for your souls.

This verse has been precious to me. I can remember God first showing it to me when I began a REAL relationship with Jesus.

I thought, "Yea. I'm at a crossroads. I can continue to live the worldly life I had been living....OR I could choose His ways- His path.

Which may at times be lonely.

Which may at times be rugged, not smooth.

When I walk in that path....
I will find REST.

It reminded me of so many other Truths- from Deuteronomy that
says to choose for myself life or death, blessings or curses.....when Jesus says that wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
I want to be "a few." I want walk in "the good way."
I choose Life.

13 thoughts shared....:

lori said...

You won't BELIEVE this...we've been searching for a new church. It's been a time of prayer and discussion amongst all of us...and allowing God to lead...well, He's led us to a place called Crossroads...I read this and it was as if God was saying..."I'm here!" We've done the asking and walking and we are looking for that place where God is wanting us to be..

Tracy,
it just hit me...you revealed something today that just SPOKE to my heart...

hugs,
lori

Mary Moss said...

I love this scripture! Thank you for sharing these wise words.

Beth in NC said...

I absolutely love this scripture! Ask for the ancient paths is such an awesome concept! Thank you for sharing this today!

Happy WFW!
Beth

Susan said...

Hey Tracy,

So blessed you choose LIFE!!

Beautiful scripture and perfect picture to go with it!

Have a blessed WFW♥

Chelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous post! And, if not for crossroads, life would be so very boring :)

mama's smitten said...

I was just there! Recently!! I love visiting you. Your words always seem just right!

Laurie Ann said...

This Scripture has such meaning to me. I used it once (http://magnoliaheartbeats.blogspot.com/2008/06/click-here-to-visit-amy-host-of-wfw.html) and it just speaks volumes, Tracy. I love your use here and am reminded that taking His path always leads to rest. Happy WFW to you.

Patty Wysong said...

What a precious verse! That rest is priceless!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite verses as well as a prayer.

Lord show me the ancient path that you would have me walk upon so that I can be holy as you are holy (Lev 19:2)
Blessings
Kym

Rebecca said...

This reminds me of the Robert Frost poem that starts, "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...." And while ultimately we usually end up where he did (I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference), the best news is that we have Someone to ask and show us where the good way is to walk. That's rest for a weary soul!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that verse, I have not read Jeremiah yet, this is the first year that I am reading through the bible.

Denise said...

Lovely my friend.

Anonymous said...

It all comes down to choice
and having the freedom to choose
The responsibility to choose
And the joy in choosing to follow Jesus.