Words of Wisdom from Andrew……..

The other day Andrew was pondering the words of Jesus as he was enjoying some soup on a cold winter afternoon. He has been listening to the New Testament on CD and must have been “chewing” on what he had heard.

“Mom, Jesus said that we shouldn’t store up our treasures here on earth. It’s like this soup. It is sooooooo yummy and good. I love it. It’s like my treasure. But, it will disappear. I’m going to eat it and it will be gone. Like, all of our treasures here on earth will disappear. We need to store up treasures in heaven. Like, faith, Mom. Faith won’t disappear. We need to store up faith.”

Jesus said, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” -Matthew 6:19-21

This Christmas season, remember Jesus’ words. Be careful about running around looking for treasure to store up here on earth (or presents that will be thrown away by next Christmas!) Instead, focus on the REAL treasure of Christmas- Jesus Christ our Lord, the Savior of the world, Immanuel, God with us.

Father God, help me to remember this Truth! Lord, you are my treasure. Help me this Christmas season to remember that you are my treasure and my source of strength. Father, remind me, in your gentle way that the things of this world will disappear and they are not eternal. Help me to keep my eyes on the eternal and my heart on what is truly important. In Christ Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

3 thoughts shared....:

Chelle said...

So, one day when he is a preacher, I will definitely visit his church! I love the simplicity, yet depth, of a child's faith. WONDERFUL!!!!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

amen to chelle's comment above - wow!!! how amazing!!

Susan Skitt said...

It's so nice to see our children "getting it", isn't it? Praise the Lord! Merry Christmas to you and your family!