As I continue my Lenten journey, I have been asking God to "get my heart right." To change my heart, rip out anything that shouldn't be there...to make my heart more like His.

Today's daily verse was Psalm 19:7: The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.


And as I continued reading, it really was the next few verses that hit my heart:
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord , my rock and my redeemer. (Verses 12-14).

And, the prayer from my devotional:
Lord, I give you permission to search my heart today. Though it’s uncomfortable, if there is anything in me that is not from you and in line with your Word, help me to let it go. Thank you for doing it with me. I don’t want anything to hinder our relationship; I want to be fully yours. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Do you think God is telling me something???Encouraging me to allow Him to search my heart and dig out the junk? Yep, me, too.

Sometimes it is uncomfortable. Sometimes my pride really wants to fight it. Sometimes I think I am RIGHT...JUSTIFIED..to feel/think things are OK to be in there. Bitterness & unforgiveness for someone who deeply hurt me. Judgemental thoughts. Jealousy.

But, God wants to transform me. Mold me. Shape me. Make me more like Jesus.

And...that is what this season of Lent is all about. Drawing near to God & allowing Him to do this work in me.

Lord, thank You. Thank You for Jesus. Thank You that You are transforming me day by day. May I reflect Jesus and look more like Him today.

0 thoughts shared....: