Today is Ash Wednesday. And, if you are out and about, you may see someone with ashes on their forehead. No, it isn't dirt. Don't try to wipe it off! 😳😁

It is the "imposition of ashes" and marks the
beginning of Lent.

I was reading something online which said something like, "Ash Wednesday is the one holiday the secular world won't take over and make it about materialism. Hallmark won't be making Ash Wednesday cards." 😅

Could you imagine? So.....WHAT IS LENT?????
Lent is our time to prepare our hearts for the coming of Easter...a time of repentance. With the beginning of Lent being Ash Wednesday, it is a season of realizing your sin and complete "human-ness." We are reminded that "from dust we came and to dust we will return." We remember that we are sinful creatures in need of a Savior.

Time to reflect.

A time to surrender my heart, deny my flesh & allow God to speak & uproot negative things out of my heart.

You may hear people say "I am going to GIVE UP something" during the journey, like sugar or alcohol or soda or social media.

What I have decided to give up for lent:

[CRITICAL SPIRIT]
I am going to look for the best in others & give people the benefit of the doubt. Dig for gold. Expect the best. Give grace freely & generously.  Walk & operate in grace.

[HARSH WORDS]
Behind my sweet smile, lurks sarcasm & a tongue that can cut to the quick. The Holy Spirit tells me to keep mouth closed but I often choose to ignore that because that little comeback is just "too good" not to get in. Power of life & death are in the tongue. I choose to give up words that kill the spirit & bring death & I choose life giving words.

[OFFENDED HEART]
I choose to give up any easily offendable heart. I am not going to be offended by what other people say or do to me or around me. Again, I choose to believe the best about others & walk in grace when others (intentionally/unintentionally ) hurt me. Choose to be secure in my identity in Christ.

[NEGATIVE SELF-IMAGE ]
I choose to believe that I am His beloved daughter, loved & accepted and my identity is secure in Him. I am His masterpiece, fearfully & wonderfully made.    My worth doesn't come from what others think of me, not from how successful I am or how my kids  are. My worth comes from a good Father & I am loved by Him.

Complaining.

Self-centered-ness.

Turning to food, alcohol, scrolling for comfort, INSTEAD OF my relationship with Christ.

Every judgemental thought.

Every selfish ambition.

I want to "give up" everything of this fleshly, sinful nature....

I want to walk in the Spirit.

I want to walk in the BLOOD of Jesus...

the SACRIFICE of the cross...

I want to put off my old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires...

to be made new in the attitude of my mind...

to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 5:24)

I am tearing my heart wide open, falling down on my face and asking Jesus to do such a mighty work in me.

Purify me.

Make my heart right, Jesus.

Jesus.

What a beautiful Name.

What He did. What He does.

Lord, I do come before You in spirit of repentance, with a broken and contrite heart. Lord, I confess and repent (turn away from) the ugliness of my heart.

I repent of a critical spirit that is quick to judge others.

I repent of complaining. Forgive my heart that complains instead of offering gratitude.

I confess my bad attitude and worshiping at the alter of myself. ME ME ME

I confess my bad choices. Instead of doing the things You have laid on my heart, Lord, I do things my own way.  I waste precious time. I choose the easy way, the lazy way...

I confess my unbelief. I say I believe You, but do my actions trust you completely, Lord? Am I obedient in all things?

Lord, forgive me for going my own way so often. Forgive my pridefulness.

Lord, I turn away from all of these things and turn towards you. Help me, Lord! Thank you for Jesus! I am in such desperate need of a Savior! Prepare my heart, Lord for the season of Easter. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me!  Lord, may these 40 days of Lent leading up to Easter be filled with Your Presence. Thank You for Your forgiveness. I love You Lord. In the Precious Name of Jesus, the Name above all names, the Alpha and Omega, the Lamb of God, the Prince of Peace, Immanuel, the Healer of the lame, the One who sets the captives free, the Light of the World, the Bread of Life, the Resurrection, and the Lover of my soul, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Praying your personal journey draws you close to a God who loves you greatly. ❤❤❤❤❤

He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His love for those who fear Him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on His children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him;
for He knows how we were formed,
He remembers that we are DUST...(Psalm 103:10-14)
    ...from dust you are

    and to dust you will return....

0 thoughts shared....: