No room for Jesus....at WFW

First posted 12/09/09 Picture from Google from the movie "The Nativity"

While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2:6-7

Isn't it amazing that Jesus Christ, the Son of GOD, the Holy One, God INCARNATE, the King of Kings was born in a humble stable? He came as a little baby...totally helpless.....born in a cave with animals all around...not sterilized, not clean.

Born in a stable because there was no room at the inn.

I wonder now if the innkeepers noticed the star above the stable. Did they have an inkling of what was going on so close to them? Did they hear the angels singing glorious songs in the sky nearby? Were they disappointed that they had not made room at the inn?

No room for Jesus.

The Savior.

The Son of God.

And.....is there room for Jesus in my Christmas?

In the shopping?

In the decorating?

In the baking?

Have I made room for the Christ child in all of my celebrating?

It is so ironic that we need to "make room" for Jesus in the celebration of His own birth! But, I know if I don't purpose in my heart and my schedule to make room for Jesus, He can easily be pushed aside because of all the activity. I do not want to have an attitude of "no room here" for Jesus!

My prayer is that you, too, will make room for the precious Christ child. May He be the CENTER of our CHRISTmas.
Please visit the Cafe for more inspiration!

13 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Such wise words spoken here sweetie.

lori said...

A reminder that we ALL need! I have a post at the Cafe on Monday that will go right along with this...let's not "miss" it and we'll have a "Mary" Christmas!!

BEAUTIFULLY said my friend!

When should we expect you for cookies and cocoa??

:)

peace,
lori

Kaye Swain said...

Amen! Excellent points.

I participate in a delightful Advent blog project on Sundays and/or Mondays. One of the gals, Floss, had a post that goes hand in hand with your article. I think you'd love it. :) If you wanted to read it, go to: http://trocbroc [dot] blogspot [dot] com/2009/11/jar-of-stones-and-jar-of-sand-mummys [dot] html

Susan said...

Hey Tracy,

Wow...powerful word!!! Thanks for sharing this today~


Have a blessed WFW♥

Cathy said...

A beautiful picture and verse ~

Anonymous said...

Perfect.

Making room with you,
Ginger

Karen said...

Amen...making room now.....

Leah Adams said...

Tracy,

I was pondering on this very thing last night. I am not a big Christmas person. Do not really know why either. I hate what it has become and that has always been my excuse to pretty much opt out of the whole thing. We don't even buy Christmas gifts for family other than the kids. We do purchase Christmas gifts for needy families.

However, I love the true meaning of Christmas and that is what should be prominent in my home in this season.

I need to begin asking Him to restore the joy of this season in my heart!!

Leah

gemini said...

Blessing for me today coming from your inspirational post...blessings pouring down from heaven for you too and Happy Holidays ahead.

Donna said...

A beautiful graphic and scripture! I am making room for Him.

Blessings to you this WFW!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, how much I want Christ to be at the center this CHRISTmas and everyday.


Have a blessed CHRISTmas!
Sherry

From the Heart said...

Great post.

Unknown said...

first time visiting from Internet Cafe Devotions...I love the title of your blog...

and yes, must make room for him--very ironic--and as you do it's hard to understand why it was hard in the first place..

wonderful word. be blessed:) abby