2020.

It's a new year. A time to reflect. Make improvements and resolutions….and look back at the past year. Accomplishments and victories...and mistakes and disappointments. Scrolling social media, some friends are so glad to have 2019 OVER, while others had the best year of their lives.   

Like you, I have had ups and downs in this past year. Like you, I have experienced great heartache loss and grief...and overwhelming joy.

 2019 was a year I watched my mom slip away from me. A year I experienced exhaustion of caring for her, 6 hour car trips back and forth, the stress of what was happening, unanswered prayer, begging and pleading for more time with her, AND YET experiencing the greatest peace I have ever known, knowing she is resting in the arms of Jesus, full of hope and the comfort of knowing we will meet once again.  Experiencing such miracles through the process and surrounded by the love and care of family and friends. Witnessing my children walk in such maturity and compassion and great love...character that is only developed through difficulty.  

2019 was a year watching grown kids wrestle with their own demons.. disappointments, stress, heartache..AND celebrating their victories, accomplishments, and happy moments. Vacations. Graduations. Answered prayers. Relief.

2019 was a year of friendships. New friends and the joy of growing in friendship.
Friends that loved me well. The joy of overflowing love and support. Friends who surprised me. And...the disappointment of friends letting me down, because being human means that will happen. 

2020. It's a new year. A new decade. It WILL be filled with joy...and grief. Love...and loss. Victory ...and disappointment. It is all part of life. 

Part of loving and living.

My prayer for you this new year and decade is that you know the Source of all hope. The Source of joy amidst grief.  Overwhelming Peace. Love complete. That your heart would be captured by the love of a Savior and filled beyond measure with His Presence. Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with God's abundant blessings. 

0 thoughts shared....: