Word-Filled Wedneday....What's in a NAME?

Have you heard of "Willis Tower"? You may have or not.... But, I bet you have heard of the Sears Tower- the tallest skyscraper in the world! Well, the Sears Tower was recently bought by the Willis Insurance Co. and promptly changed its name. Now, for some people, this magnificent building will ALWAYS be "the Sears Tower"- no matter what the "official" name may be.

What's in a name?

Names can be very important.

Mother. Grandmother. Wife. Teacher. Doctor.

Names can be hurtful.

Dummy. Failure. Slob. Ugly.

No matter what the WORLD may have named you, God has a special name for you....daughter...beloved....chosen...precious. Isaiah tells us that we have nothing to fear- God has redeemed us. He has called us by name. We are His.

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1

Have a BLESSED Word-Filled Wednesday and please link here for more inspiration!

By the way- I am DESPERATELY trying to learn this new graphics program- Jasc Paint Shop Pro. The only trouble is....I'm NOT a "pro"! It is hard! Anyone familiar with it?????

8 thoughts shared....:

Pia said...

it's really important to focus on how God calls us and refreshing to know that He knows us by name.

blessings...

lori said...

WOW...I stop by, get a word and learn something NEW! You are amazing!!

Lived in Chicago for 2 plus years...

About the PRO...honey, I'm not a pro at anything...in fact my girls have outrun me in photoshop...I look like a remedial student compared to what they can do....If I were closer I'd come on over and we'd figure it out together or at least TRY!

hugs! thanks for the wonderful, wonderful post...so much wrapped up in a word...I'll be thinking on this all day!

lori

crittyjoy said...

Tracy I love this! A wonderful visual but your words are such truth too. Word can often bring truth or a lie...His words are always truth.

A great WFW. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings.

Susan said...

Hey Tracy!

What a powerful truth! An interesting fact.

Hmmmm...

Hope your day is blessed my friend!

Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith said...

Didn't realize that the Sears Tower's name was changed! Oh my!

However, no matter what name, it will be...the Sears Tower.

With our Father in Heaven, dear Abba, it is blessed to know that He answers when we call Him and He is there.

A great reminder that things on Earth can change, but in His world, there is no change, yesterday, today or tomorrow.

Great reminder!

Lauren said...

wonderful thoughts - thank you for sharing! :)

Cathy said...

A great WFW post, thank you ~

Amydeanne said...

hey I use psp! what do you need to know!

i love your WFW this week. It really talked to me!
hugs!