Waiting...I'm at Laced With Grace Today

With only one more day until Christmas Eve, my thoughts go to Mary. The couple was on their way to Bethlehem....one day away. Was she nervous? Did she wonder if she would make it? Did she fret about the birth? Was the journey hard...uncomfortable....treacherous....emotionally and physically painful? I couldn't imagine riding on a donkey being nine months pregnant.


With Christmas Eve only one day away, I think about my own "worries". Should I still attempt to send out Christmas cards? Do I have the "perfect" gifts? Will I have time to wrap? Should I still try to make cookies? Oh, we haven't made our gingerbread houses yet.....

As Mary contemplated giving birth to the Savior of the world, the Messiah, do we fret over silly things at Christmas? Have we become distracted by the details, instead of focusing on the Christ child?

This Christmas is very different for me. I am attending a funeral this morning for a beautiful 31 year old mother of 2 year old triplets. Jamie fought so bravely, so calmly, so peace-filled......


To finish reading this devotion, please click here...


0 thoughts shared....: