Wisdom!

As I am moving slowly this morning (either from all the walking last night or the sugar crash!), I remembered that today is the first day of November. On the first day of the month, I like to revisit "Proverbs" and begin reading this book again. Because there are 31 chapters in the book, I can read a chapter a day for each day of the month. Now, I don't always do this everyday of the month, but, over the course of the year, I will have read pretty much of the whole book.

I love "Proverbs" because I am a simple woman. My bible says, "According to the prologue (purpose and theme), Proverbs was written to 'give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young, and to make the wise wiser.' It bases wisdom solidly on the fear of the Lord. Here you will find wisdom that works and insights that will not wear out."

I love that! Here are some of the benefits of godly wisdom (just from chapter 1!):
1. You will know the heart of God! Verse 23 says, "I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you."
2. I will become wise in GODLY wisdom (verses 2,3,4,5,6).
3. I will have victory(verse 9) - wisdom will be like a garland to grace my head (the victor's crown) and chain to adorn my neck (the victor's medal).
4. I will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm. (verse 33)
5. I will be saved from those who would want to entice me from sin- to lead me down a wrong path (verses 10-19)

The first chapter says the "fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." But, what is the "fear of the Lord?" The fear of the Lord is simply loving Him with all of your heart, soul. mind, and strength. It is trusting Him, above all else. It is seeking Him above everything. It is a reverence and respect and holy awe for the only One who is worthy of these. It is coming to God, humbly, surrendering and submitting ourselves to Him. It is looking to Him and His ways, not our own. It is believing His Word and accepting His commands, no matter how different they may seem than what is going on around us. Psalm 34 say, "Come my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord. Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and our lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

Father God, we praise You! "I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice." Father, this "fear of the Lord" is a little confusing in our day. We don't hear about it very much, and many are confused as to what it is about. I can't even explain it into words! It is something I know in my spirit, and that I seek. But, Father, I pray that You would teach all of us how to fear You. Grow in all of us "the fear of the Lord." Help us to reverence You that way You deserve (like that would be possible! Thousand of angels in Heaven are falling down on their faces crying "holy, holy, holy" while Your temple is shaking!). But, help us Lord! You are worthy! You are worthy! Father, we pray You would pour out Your godly wisdom on us, and that we would have ears open to hear! Give us hearts that are soft and pliable, ready to be taught. We love You, Lord! We praise You. We give You all glory and honor and praise! In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.

Blessings to you all!

0 thoughts shared....: